Click Here to register for an account if you don’t have one. It’s easy!
Choosing a rental property is a big commitment, after all, a lease is a legally binding agreement that typically lasts a year. We know that you don’t want to jump into just any property, so we are dedicated to finding a match that is just right for your needs and budget. With twenty years of experience successfully pairing renters with properties, we are confident in our ability to find the right match for you!
You can begin the rental process right now by browsing our active listings.
Once you have found a property that you are interested in, just complete the rental application online or print it out and drop it off at our office. There is a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $40 for an individual application, $60 for a joint-spousal application.
Please keep the following things in mind when submitting a rental application:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to be considered.
- Students must supply a signed and notarized Parental Guarantee form at the time of application.
- Once approved, your unit is considered to be reserved only when the reservation fee is paid. A unit will be reserved for a maximum of two weeks.
In order to help ensure the best possible match between you and your rental, we take the following things into consideration while processing your application:
- Employment history: You must provide a detailed employment history and employment verification from your current employer. Employment verification can be either a letter from your employer or a copy of your most recent pay stub. Applicants who are self-employed can provide a financial statement (bank statement, CPA document, etc.) or a tax statement from the previous year.
- Monthly income: We require you to have a gross monthly income of at least three times the amount of your monthly rent. A bank statement verifying a balance of funds equal or greater to twelve month’s rent may also be accepted in lieu of monthly income verification. Additionally, other forms of acceptable income may include social security benefits, alimony, disability, etc. . .
- Rental history: We think that your rental history is a good indicator for your future rental success, so we make it a point to acquire references from both your current and former landlords. Unfortunately, we cannot accept any tenants who have any prior evictions. No rental history? With a qualified parent, guardian, or relative as a cosigner, we will still consider your application. Authorized cosigners will be responsible for all financial liabilities incurred by the lessee over the term of the lease.
- Credit references: We require all of your credit references to be in good and current standing for at least six months prior to being accepted as a tenant. Any and all judgments and collections should be satisfied before applying for a lease. Additionally, any ratings other than R1 or R2 must not reflect a past-due balance. In the case of bankruptcy, court records showing all included accounts may be required. Also, the bankruptcy must be over two years old, and you must have at least one new current account established that is a minimum of six months old.
While our requirements for a lease are fairly stringent we understand that extenuating circumstances may sometimes prevent you from meeting all of our established requirements. In the event of extenuating circumstances, we encourage you to contact management, who will review and consider an exception.
Keystone Property Management is proud to comply with the Fair Housing Act as amended, prohibiting discrimination in housing based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or familial status.